WE TAKE ACTION FOR THE BLUE PLANET.
Awareness and interest in climate change are increasing around the world.
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) released a new assessment report in October 2018. It stated that many impacts of climate change could be avoided by limiting global warming to 1.5 ° C instead of 2 ° C above pre-industrial levels. In order to suppress the temperature to 1.5 ° C. “Global anthropogenic net carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions need to be reduced by about 45% from 2010 levels by 2030, to reach ‘net zero’ around 2050”. * 1
On September 23 this year, “United Nations Climate Action Summit” will be held in New York. UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres is calling on all leaders attending the conference to approach the conference with a “Concrete, realistic plans to strengthen the contributions (NDCs) that the country has decided to make by 2020 in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 45% over the next 10 years and achieve net 0 emissions by 2050.”.
And among young people, a strike started every Friday in August 2018 by a 16 year-old Swedish girl, Greta Toonberg, calling on the government to cut carbon emissions in compliance with the Paris agreement, has spread to Europe and more than 1 million people worldwide in the form of “Fridays For Future”. * 2
In support of these youth strikes, “Global Climate Strike” will be held around the world from September 20 to 27th this month. * 3
The “Global Climate March” to be held on September 20, has already been decided to be held in 117 countries, and people from all over the world will take action. * 4
What is happening on Earth now?
What is happening in the world?
And what can each of us do?
The following is a summary of information on climate change issues on the earth and global trends in response to them, including information on natural power media “HATCH”.
Please read it.
*1: “Summary for Policymakers of IPCC Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5°C approved by governments” IPCC, https://www.ipcc.ch/2018/10/08/summary-for-policymakers-of-ipcc-special-report-on-global-warming-of-1-5c-approved-by-governments/
*2: Fridays For Future, https://www.fridaysforfuture.org/
*3: Global Climate Strike, https://globalclimatestrike.net/
*4: “Planned for implementation in 117 Global Climate March countries”, Global Climate Strike, https://globalclimatestrike.net/global-climate-strikes-to-take-place-in-117-countries/
“I want to know what is happening on the earth now (climate change)”
- “History of Climate Change and Things to Do” , HATCH , https://shizen-hatch.net/2019/06/27/history-of-climate-change-issue-and-what-we-can-do/ (written in Japanese)
- “The Importance of Mitigation and Adaptation Measures as Measures to Cope with the Impacts of Climate Change due to Rising CO2 Concentrations” , HATCH , https://shizen-hatch.net/2019/07/17/climate-change-co2/ (written in Japanese)
- “Importance of Carbon Dioxide Capture and Storage and Status of Activities” , HATCH, https://shizen-hatch.net/2019/09/02/co2_collection_and_storage/ (written in Japanese)
“I want to know what is happening in the world.”
- Greta Tunberg’s speech at COP24, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-ICELS3NPg
- “At COP 23, I realized the movement of the world toward “decarbonization”. Field Report by Kumiko Isono (Shizen Energy Inc.)”, HATCH, https://shizen-hatch.net/2017/12/18/cop23_report/ (written in Japanese)
- “IPCC Initiatives and IPCC Approaches to Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation”, HATCH, https://shizen-hatch.net/2019/07/23/ipcc/ (written in Japanese)
- Fridays For Future, https://www.fridaysforfuture.org/
“I want to know what I can do.”
- Global Climate Strike, https://ja.globalclimatestrike.net/
- “History of Climate Change and Things to Do”, HATCH, https://shizen-hatch.net/2019/06/27/history-of-climate-change-issue-and-what-we-can-do/ (written in Japanese)
- “The key to preventing global warming! What is the role of renewable energy?”, HATCH, https://shizen-hatch.net/2019/07/18/global-warming/ (written in Japanese)